Friday 23 December 2011

Spam Mail "I'm in trouble!" Redirecting to Malware Sites

MX Lab intercept a spam mail with the subject “Fwd: I’m in trouble!” that leads to malware infection.


The Spam Mail:
I was at a party, got drunk, couldn’t drive the car, somebody gave me a lift on my car, and crossed on the red light!
I’ve just got the pictures, maybe you know him???
Here is the photo
I need to find him urgently!
Thank you
Asmita
Fingerprint: c72d5b3c-af1af1a5
The hacker trick users by providing some fake Fingerprint so that it will look real one.

The link "Here is the photo" leads to a malware site.  The URL can be identified quite easily because they are fairly long, will point to servers where blogs are hosted and quite often have what appears random characters and variables inside.

If you get these type of emails, stay away from the link and delete the mail. Don't try to reply or follow the link, it will harm your system.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to TOP